Friday, August 22, 2008

Orchid Park Mall

This person, aka MH.Aini, my classmate in smundel for 2 and 2/3 years asked me to have a gathering at Orchid Park Mall last Thursday. Frankly, I was soooo super-duper-lazy to join the invitation. Because, u know, OPM is in West Jakarta!! For me, who lived in the southern of South Jakarta, going there was like going to the edge of the world!

I didn't know why, but I finally decided to join the gathering. Huff, it's a really tough decision, haha.. We made an appointment that we would meet at tebet station @ 12.30. Well, it's not that trouble-free for me to get a bus. It was needed quite a long time for me until I got one. Not only that, the bus that I took ran soooo slow. If Usain Bolt -current fastest man on earth- ran besides my bus, he would win effortlessly. Haha..

After about one and a half hours, the bus finally entered Tebet area. Well, it's quite a long time for me since the last time I went there. Actually, I'd never really know about Tebet area. Teehee.. At least I know the location of my destination: Tebet station, huehehe..

But, ou oh (noo.. It's not matta band's song).. Ou oh, my bus didn't stop at the station. It ran toward the flyover while the station was below it. Ugh. I just paused. It's unlikely for me to stop the bus on the flyover and then walk from it. Huhu. Soo, I decided to go until kampung melayu. Okay, at first, it seemed the distance between kampung melayu n tebet stasiun wasn't really far. I tried to get there by walking. Unfortunately for me, the weather was SIZZLING HOT!!! Ughh.. And then, I walked throught the bridge which had the ciliwung river below it, and of course it's smelled not good. Premium packet: hot + bad smell.. Huahahaha..

After took about half of the pathway, I then realized that the distance wasn't that short.. Huhuhu. But why I didn't stop any angkot or bajaj? Because I thought, "okay, I must consistent with myself with walking by my both leg'. Yeah, it’s a consistent stupidity. Soo, I walk and walk and walk below the roasting sun. and finally, I arrived at the station. But, but, but… u know what? Aini phoned me and said that they had left me, because the mas2 tukang parkir envied 'em. And then they went to the BTA8.. Aaargh.. Aini then gave me two options: going to BTA or waiting on depot soto gebrak. Well, I didn't know both locations. But I know that depot soto gebrak located in the same street with my current position that time.

Okay, than I walked to the depot soto gebrak.. Yay, and that place wasn't near either. So, in front of smabels, I stopped an angkot to deliver me to soto gebrak. When I got there, there's no one. I wondered whether the place I arrived on was the exact soto gebrak meant by them or not. Then aini phoned me again, he asked me whether I'd did dzuhur pray or not. NOO -___-“. So, he asked me to pray first. That time, they were on BTA, waiting for other friends who hadn't arrived yet.. *siiiing*. U know that I had been hurried since I stepped down from the bus??? I thought all people were ready!

I searched for any mushollas or masjid near depot soto gebrak. I asked every people I met there *lebay*. Based on their infos, I then entered an aisle near lemans garage. About 200 meters from Main Street, there's a musholla. And I prayed dzuhur in that place.. Fiuuuh, finally there's a roof to protect me from the fierced sun :P. not long after, they called me, and I ought be waiting on the main street again.

I felt relieved when I finally saw the car. A gray avanza came and getting closer to my position with a slow velocity. It must be them! 'beep,beep', the driver push the horn button. When I got in, I saw Eros, Aini, Mety, Adi Ismet, and Tuko. 4 of them, except tuko, were teacher at BTA8 (baru tau gw)

Then we went to orchid park mall aka mall taman anggrek. We arrived there on about 1430. Because most of us hadn't had lunch yet, so we looked for some foods first. And then we went to the food court, which called taman anggrek cafetaria if I'm not mistaken. The food court only provided indonesian food, like soto betawi, ayam kalasan, gado-gado, etc. By those kinds of food, I thought the taste would be friendly for Indonesian. Buuut, the price actually didn't that friendly. Hiks.. I bought Kalasan Chicken w/ price 16.5K. The taste wasn't special, and if I bought it somewhere the price wouldn't be above 15K. :(.. At the same time, 4 of us chose to eat at KFC, and they got more foods of course *but probably less healthier*

The main purpose we went to OPM was to play ice-skate. This was Aini's idea. Actually, I really hated the idea. You know, even at the plain, smooth, and dry ground, with both sole foots, and no external nuisance, I could fall awkwardly. -___-" but, it's so coward for me if I didn't try that. Me, in OPM, through that sizzling hot day, and not even try the iceskating? No way!! The iceskating facility had been existed since years ago, but I'd never tried it before.

The place for iceskating named IceRink. The price is 34K for one person. On Saturday, Sunday, and holiday, the limit for one person to ski is 2 hours. But, on the weekdays, the visitors can enjoy skiing as long as they can. For students from some universities, they can get a 50% discount. On the weekdays, after 5 p.m, there's also a 40% discount for all visitors. But, u can't accumulate the discount from different promotions.

The price includes the ice skate shoes rent cost, so u don't need to give additional payment to use the shoes. But, if u want to use socks, gloves, rent a coin lockers, u must pay more. Socks and gloves could be bought at 7000K each. One coin locker could be rented at 5000K.

My tips: tied your shoes tightly, huehe.. Huwah, my prediction was right. I couldn't balance myself above the ice. I, do a curut walking, at the rink. It even couldn't be told as walking, because I just dragged myself. Huhu.. My hands, hips, wrist, and so on became weary.. Yeah, but overall it was fun. Although it'd take some times for me to try it again in another occasion.. Hehe..

After that, we ate some snacks at Little Penang resto. Actually, not everyone willing to go there, just 3 of us. So, we just ordered 3 kinds of food, and 1 drink. We ordered roti canai tuna, roti canai rendang, and roti canai w/ kari ayam (my chosen one). And our favorites (and recommended by chef) was roti canai w/ kari ayam!! Haha.. Roti canai rendang n roti canai tuna were too sweet.. Yes, it's predictably, because melayu's cuisines were always sweet. Each roti canai cost about 12 -19 K.

Well, I can say that we were eating sadistically, untidy, and we just screwed up the plates on the table. 6 peoples rushed out 3 plates with sole hands, without knife, chopstick, or spoon. Even the waitress then gave us some additional plates n forks, lookin how silly we were. Many of the waitress even couldn't hide their 'laughing smile' to us, lookin how miserably the behavior of these 6. huehehe.. Bodo ah, we don't know 'em and they don't know us.. Hahahhaa..

Then we went to Holland Bakery, because my mom just asked me to buy some breads for sahur. And then, we got off our feet from OPM (finally…). Huehe.. I thought we'd want to go directly to Tebet station. But, Eros just drove the car to the Obonk at Tebet. Owalaah, some of us were want to drink coffee first. Yeah, it's the fourth restaurants in one day for me.

6 comments:

Dian Amelina said...

Arya jalan2 lagi yaa?Huehehe ;p

rabindra said...

itu sebelom jalan2 kita ko Di... :)

Anonymous said...

setelah muter otak dengan agak lama: Yak! Mall Taman Anggrek. Kirain :p

LAlapsambEL said...

Halo Rab... baru balik blogwalking lagi nih, hehehe. Perjuangan juga ya, ke MTA-nya :D BTW, skating di MTA mahal euy, kalo di Bandung, pas ladies night cuma Rp7000 termasuk sepatu, tinggal patungan sewa locker, hihihi :P Eh, tapi kalo cowo ga bisa pake harga ladies nite-nya :D

rabindra said...

@zahra:
hahhaha.. bukan orchard ya.. :)

@lalapsambel:
iya, perjuangan sampe sananya. baliknya juga perjuangan sih, cm untung ga panas. hehe..

hah? masa' sih? ko bisa murah amat? ada men's nite ga? hohoho..

Unknown said...

You actually make іt ѕeem sо easу tоgethег ωith Wedding DJ Maryland yοur ρrеsentation howeνer I finԁ this
mаtter to be really something that Ι believe Ӏ'd never understand. It seems too complicated and very vast for me.

Blog Archive

About me

  • M.Rabindra Surya aka Arya aka Rabz
  • Male
  • CSUI
  • Twenty
  • Maaf kalo ada postingan dengan bahasa Inggris kacaubalau. Lagi belajar ^^"